Wednesday, March 2, 2011

DOUBLE TAKE: A golden glow

Today's double take was inspired by my masseuse, Samantha. (FYI: If you live in Orange County and would love a heavenly massage in the comfort of your own home, hit me up and I'll pass along her contact info. She's fabulous!) As Sam was leaving, she expressed she had a wedding to attend and wanted to know what eyeshadow I was wearing. She was elated when I said it was an inexpensive trio from Covergirl.

A make-up trend from Fall/Winter that is carrying momentum into Spring is the "natural" glow. Nude lips, neutral eyes and a sunkisted face can be achieved with minimal effort but leave a lasting impression. I absolutely love the golden glow that Covergirl's "Golden Sunset" 3 kit-shadow (Target, $4.70) gives my lids. The colors are so similar to Stila's "Gold Glow" trio (Sephora, $28) that I can't justify spending the extra $23.00. If you want that natural sun-kissed look, give Covergirl a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment