Sunday, February 20, 2011

Sweet Sunday

For those of you that know me well, you know that I'm a recipe substitute'r. Whenever possible, I will mix up the ingredients to make it as low fat as possible. No oils. No butter. Fat free milk. Egg substitute. I'll admit they don't always turn out the greatest and I don't usually give them to the neighbors but my husband 9 times out of 10 loves them. And poor Chase - well he doesn't know any different. ;)

Now I know the words "fat free" and "desserts" don't usually go hand-in-hand but trust me on this one - this recipe is delici-o-so! Spritz with some Spray Butter and heat in the micro for a few seconds and you'll be going back for seconds.

~Fat Free Banana Bread~

Ingredients:

1/3 c. sugar-free applesauce

3/4 c. light brown sugar

3 egg whites (3/4 c. of egg substitute)

3-4 bananas

1/3 c. water

1 2/3 c. flour

1 tsp. baking soda

1/4 tsp. baking powder

Non-fat PAM cooking spray

*If you want to add some fat, add 1/4 c. chopped nuts and/or 1/4 c. of chocolate chips

Directions:

1) Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees

2) Mash bananas (can be as pureed or chunky as you wish)

3) In a bowl, mix applesauce and sugar

4) Stir in eggs, bananas and water

5) Spray loaf pan with Pam cooking spray and pour batter into pan

6) Bake for 55-60 minutes


I hope this ends your weekend on a sweet note! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment